Our team will be led by co-founders Sam Altman and Michael Klein.
Sam Altman is an entrepreneurial and thought leader with a proven track-record of growth investing within the technology industry. Mr. Altman is also the co-founder and CEO of OpenAI, a leading artificial intelligence (“AI”) research and deployment company, and the Chairman of Y Combinator.
Prior to founding OpenAI, Mr. Altman served as President of Y Combinator, a leading Silicon Valley startup accelerator. During his tenure as President, Mr. Altman led the expansion of Y Combinator’s portfolio to approximately 400 companies per year and successfully executed investments in premiere companies including Airbnb, Stripe, DoorDash, Instacart, and Coinbase. Mr. Altman is recognized as having been a major force in leading Y Combinator’s launch into deep or “hard” technology companies, directly working with founders on long-term strategies to develop their technology to build companies with massive impact. Mr. Altman also launched Y Combinator Continuity, a Y Combinator fund focused on growth-stage companies.
In addition to Mr. Altman, our team will include a consortium of individuals with deep expertise in the private technology company landscape, including Brad Lightcap and Scott Krisiloff. Mr. Lightcap currently serves as CFO of OpenAI. Mr. Krisiloff currently serves as the Chief Business Officer at Helion Energy, a company focused on transforming the fusion energy industry.
Our co-founder, Michael Klein, is also the founder and managing partner of M. Klein and Company, which he founded in 2012. M. Klein and Company is a global strategic advisory firm to global companies, boards of directors, senior executives, governments and institutional investors. Mr. Klein’s background in strategic advisory work was built during his 35 year career, including more than two decades at Citigroup Inc. (“Citi”) serving as CEO of Global Banking at Citi, CEO of Citi Markets & Banking, Europe, and Co-Head of Salomon Smith Barney Global Investment Banking.
Mr. Klein founded and built the Churchill Capital Corp (“CCC”) franchise as follows:
- CCC completed a $690 million IPO in September 2018 and merged in May 2019 with Clarivate Analytics, a provider of IP and scientific information, analytical tools, and services.
- CCC II completed a $690 million IPO in July 2019 and merged with in June 2021 with Skillsoft and Global Knowledge, a provider of IT and professional skills development.
- CCC III completed a $1,100 million IPO in February 2020 and merged in October 2020 with MultiPlan, Inc. a technology enabled provider of end-to-end healthcare cost management solutions.
- CCC IV completed a $2,070 million IPO in August 2020. In February 2021, CCC IV entered into a definitive agreement to merge with Lucid Motors Inc., an advanced luxury electric vehicle company.
- CCC V completed a $500 million IPO in December 2020.
- CCVI and CCVII completed respectively a $552 million and $1,380 million IPO in February 2021.